FarmERP first evaluated the existing conditions as well as the challenges faced by the Cassava plantation enterprise. Based on this assessment, FarmERP understood that FarmGyan – our agriculture intelligence platform, could be extremely beneficial for the client. So, FarmERP delivered FarmGyan solutions to the plantation agribusiness in the following manner:
- An AI-based model was provided for the standard plant count of Cassava using drone imagery. The number of plants over the plantation area and plant density per Ha is calculated by the AI model every time the drone images are fed.
- FarmERP helps in calculating the area covered under the Cassava crop.
- The AI model also calculates the area covered by weed to identify weed intensity on every plot.
- Similarly, FarmERP calculates and estimates yield outputs based on plant count.
- Satellite-based crop health monitoring using different vegetation indices is also provided by FarmERP to the plantation enterprise.
- FarmERP carries out real-time analysis of crop vegetation cover to support the client’s decision-making for cassava crop management.
- Moreover, FarmERP enables the planning and execution of agronomic activities such as irrigation, fertiliser application, etc. based on the analysis of satellite-based vegetation indices.