How to choose the best Farm Management Software to boost your bottom line
By Vijay J. | 20 November 2019
Agriculture, as an industry has always embraced change. From crop rotations, mechanisation, the green revolution to the biotechnology revolution; and the latest - the tech-revolution.
Technology, especially, has been an absolute blessing for agriculture and in recent years, precision agriculture technology has seen regular advances in ways to maximize production efficiency. Technology could help take farm production to the next level. So how can it help reduce your input costs, improve your margins and help you in decision making?
One of the key catalysts of driving technological change in agriculture has been Farm Management Software (Agriculture ERP). It can be used for farm, farmer, procurement, processing, supply chain and financial data management as well as the analysis of all collected data. It helps to run your entire Agribusiness on a single digital platform.
The software can be customised to meet specific requirements since every business has its own particular processes to be carried out. Agriculture is a highly specialised field, and depends on various unpredictable factors like climate change and inputs and an ERP software will help you follow best agricultural practices. But selecting one for your Agribusiness can be a daunting task. So here’s what you should be looking out for:
- Single sign-on experience: With every software tool or system, there comes a time when it becomes outdated, no longer to cope up with the new and advanced technology, thus reducing the efficiency of many processes. Another case is where we are relying on various software tools, but they are not in sync with each other. What you need is the right software, that fixes your current problems and brings out desired changes with a seamless experience. At the same time, data from other legacy software, smart devices and sensors can be integrated on a single digital platform.
- Inventory management: Just like most operations, every farming enterprise has an inventory that includes seeds, fertilizers, pesticides, fuel, harvested crops and finished goods. In farm management, inventory plays a very important role and the software should have the capability to record all store-wise inventory transactions like issue, transfer, discard, etc. It's imperative for any Agribusiness to know at any moment the exact inventory levels and reorder levels to minimise inventory costs.
- FMS on-the-go: Managing an Agribusiness is unlike any desk job and so your farm management software should also travel with you to your fields. You need one that is readily available on any mobile gadget and operating system. So that you can edit and input data real-time right from your farm, with a phone in hand.
- Plot-level profit & loss statements: We’re sure it is stressful to manage multiple farms. Do you collect overall data and expenses because you’re not sure how to collect it plot-wise or is it too much of a task to do so? And making decisions via whole farm break-evens could be less profitable and not the best utilisation of the potential of every field. Choose the best farm management software (Agriculture ERP) that will help you collect plot-wise data and generate plot-level profit and loss statements.
- Implementation & Support: Learning all about new Farm Management Software can be intimidating and may take a while to get used to. To truly realize the value of the software you choose, you need technical support and hand holding from the Farm Management Software team to help you get up and running and trouble-shoot any problems you face. Post implementation technical support is key to making Farm Management Software a part of your daily farm life.
Every Agribusiness involves varied processes and so implementing an ERP software and configuring it to suit your particular business processes is very important to its successful execution.
- Real-time profit analytics: Just like any other business owner, you too can now keep real-time track of all the expenses and any activity carried out on your farm. Look for a robust Farm Management Software that comes with a profitability dashboard feature that helps you keep track of all financial activities, analyse them and generate reports to improve the overall efficiency and boost productivity of your farm.
- Future-ready platform: AgTech is an ever-evolving field and we see technological upgrades happening every now and then. In such a scenario, you need to make sure that the software platform you pick doesn’t contain features and technology that will go obsolete, and rather is highly scalable and future ready. The software you choose should become your technology partner for life.
FarmERP is the most advanced, successful and best farm management software platform that is widely used globally for farm, farmer, procurement, processing, supply chain and financial data management and analysis. It has helped many leading companies in achieving the objective of running a profitable and sustainable Agribusiness. This smart ERP software platform is highly scalable and future ready.
See it to believe it:
With an enriched experience of 10+ years of ERP implementation in Agribusiness companies across the globe, we have expertise that you can benefit from. Contact our experts today!